Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Finally...

Oh, I've been such a bad blogger. In my defense, I've been completely swamped, and other circumstances have prevented me from writing much in the last few weeks. BUT, I did want to give you all a peek at my brand new dress using Etsuko Furuya's to-die-for new fabric.



I combined it with a lavender linen and Kaffe's cocoa polka dots, and I love how it turned out. I had planned to do something else, but the other bolt from Kokka hasn't arrived yet.



And the other side has Amy Butler's love in navy, with mint and purple. Kinda different for me to have so many different colors playing a prominent role, but I think it works!





And it's so great to have two completely different dresses in one. I really like doing reversible styles because they are just so practical. The only thing I worry about when I combine fabrics that are so different are the trim colors. That is of course, the only thing you see from both sides, so they have to coordinate. But beyond that, I love combining totally color combinations in the same dress.

I'm trying to prepare for the cabin fever show in Boston, but not having too much success in the time department. Well, back to the sewing machine!

Happy Day from my home in NH
~Melissa

8 comments:

Melissa said...

That is gorgeous! I am kicking myself that I decided against ordering from Echino this season-- why, I ask you? I saw the Love in person on Sat-- I SO want to make up that fabric you used in her new women's shirt-dress pattern!

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

Wow, that is beautiful!!

Lori said...

What dress pattern is this? Very cute!

littlegirlpearl said...

It's my own pattern Lori :D

Al-Samt said...

so0o nice dress

thanx for the blog

nice day :)

GĂ©raldine said...

I juste discovered your blog and definitely love the clothes you sew and the fabrics you choose!!! I'll be back ;-)

Wholesale freshwater Pearl said...

This post is very nice.
thanx for the blog

Scrubs said...

Little Fashions Boutique - is an online children's boutique where you will find trendy girls & boys clothing from baby & toddler to size 16 girls and size 10 boys